Monday, April 4, 2011

Week Four: 2 Entries/Items

For week four of my music technology course, I am submitting the following:

I use sign language occasionally for songs, especially at winter concerts. My previous principal at one of the elementary buildings that I service actually was fluent in American Sign Language and interpreted around the area. I am sad that she has found a job another school district, but am happy that it is close by in case I need her expertise.
This is a very effective website and tool:

handspeak.com

Another option this week that I came across in Google Reader while exploring the "recommended items" is:

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110331/03553613714/appeals-court-still-says-down-under-infringes-decades-old-folk-song.shtml

It discusses copyright infringement concerning the Australian folk song Kookaburra and the song Down Under by Men at Work in the 1980's. As I currently teach Kookaburra in my fourth grade curriculum, I thought it was an interesting post that also applies to some of the questions we have been bringing to the table as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment