In Ohio, things are touchy right now in the education field. I bring to the post this week a blog about RIFs at this time of year. While I am an experienced teacher, I was once young and not so experienced. I present this blog because of its relevance to the education community, not because it is technology related. Like other school districts, mine is RIFing as well and I lost a fellow teacher in the music department. We will see how things shake out in the end. My job, along with the other elementary "specialists," is also on the line in the future, not next year, I have been told, but it will arrive.
http://tweenteacher.com/2011/04/13/the-hunger-games-of-education/
While this link is again not about music technology, but about the words and the way we use them. I felt it tied in with the previous choice above.
http://turtola.edublogs.org/2011/04/07/the-power-of-words/
Also, I came across this Eric Whitacre post, and thought others would be interested, since there have been a few items about his recent breakthroughs in music and music technology.
http://ericwhitacre.com/paradise-lost
My underlying theme seems to be words this week. Some tech, some music. Here is a TED talks video:
http://www.ted.com/talks/ric_elias.html
No comments:
Post a Comment