Welcome to my first post for Technology for Music Teaching (Spring II, 2011).
Even though I am not posting my first PLN entry, I thought the following would be appropriate, since my technology skills are still in the formative stage. After three classes at KSU, I am STILL learning so much about the computer and the internet! It is a wonderful aspect of taking online classes-I am learning skills that I didn't know I was going to learn. I am still so naive!
Our school system has fundraisers like any other public school. A large fundraiser is our annual Pancake Day, always the first or second Saturday in March. With only three days advance notice (some of you know how that is!), a small group of students from my third grade classes, volunteered to sing the Star Spangled Banner before the championship boys and girls (second and third graders) intramural basketball games. Since I usually don't teach them the SSB until April/May, I revamped our lesson plans and had those who volunteered to come in during their recess time to practice for 10-15 minutes. I was not aware that a parent was recording the performance, so when I received the attachment, I was completely surprised! So, if you would care to view the link here it is. Just click!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5GwVBn572Q
No comments:
Post a Comment