Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Week Three: 2 Entries/Items

For week three, I have found an assortment of interesting options.

The first is: http://musicforclass.com

This is a website that provides creative music for all areas in the classroom. Materials are based on the National Standards. Composition is a large part as well as being an artist in residence. The MIDI is explained and used by a group of students from Capital University, Columbus, Ohio. Jim Shaw is the founder and this is project is also connected with the Andy Shaw Band that plays at the James Cancer Center, part of The Ohio State University Medical Hospitals.

The second is: http://theresawhite.edublogs.org/2011/02/22/a-story-we-dont-hear-often-schools-to-resurrect-music-choir-programs/

Discussing the things that work, the things that don't, and everything in between!

This is a blog from a music education teacher in Michigan about her journey using technology in the general music classroom and band. Her heading says it all! I found her entries to be thoughtful and relevant, especially with our current classwork.

Sidebar to fellow classmates of MUS67243~
I must say that following everyone's blogs and looking for websites and/or other information that would be pertinent to all of us has been fascinating. We all have a different viewpoint and/or experience and I am so pleased to be in this course with all of you! This journey to receive a masters degree has been so much more than I ever thought it could be. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment